Friday, September 26, 2014

Sometimes they're inspiring, sometimes, not

Often times, when listening to books, I get struck by inspiration.  More times than not, it's just a tangential thought to something said in passing in the book.  Other times, I feel like the book drains the inspiration from me, and though the book might be filled with lots of stuff that could inspire me, it seems to do the opposite.

I don't know if that is caused by the particular books, or if the feelings of inspiration make me more or less perceptible to those side ideas.  But I do know that I've never had the "feeling" switch midstream in a book.  In other words, if a book starts out inspiring, it keeps inspiring until I finish it.  If a book starts out sucking away my inspiration, it keeps me in a non-inspired state until I finish it.

Right now, I'm listening to William Gibson's Neuromancer, which was a groundbreaking book that essentially introduced the genre of Cyber Punk.  Although it's entertaining, this seems to be one of those inspirational draining books, as I find I can't think of a single thing worth writing about while I listen to it.

In other news, Megi has pneumonia, but is in pretty good spirits.  Grandma and Candice both have the flu, and are both barely able to move around the house.  Gabe is excited about participating in the 100 mile running club, and is also trying much harder at math.  He isn't very good at math, but I'm very proud of him for wanting to try and be better at it (as opposed to before when he didn't care at all).  And Donna seems to be getting everything right on all the classwork that is sent home.  She can even read a few words now, too.

That's all for this entry, thanks for reading.  (And if you are a fan of my T. Allan Bishop Facebook Page, please click "like" on the link to this I post there, Facebook isn't showing them to most of the people who have clicked like on the page but nothing more, and so a lot of people aren't seeing the blog updates when they are posted there, and the only way to remedy this is by getting more "likes" on posts there...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quill Writing

Quill Writing