Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Forbidden Knowledge

I almost wrote last night.  In fact, I wanted to write last night.  But the kids (or more specifically Megi) insisted I play with them, so I spent quality time with the kids, which is way more important than progressing on my quest to be a writer.

Yet again, the story pulling me towards it is Forbidden Knowledge, so I think I’ll have to give it some attention soon to keep it from sulking off to a corner of my mind and dying a lonely death.  The zombie story hasn’t been pulling that strongly lately (or if it has, its screams have been getting drowned out by the much louder ones from Forbidden Knowledge.  The cover of the book in the story looks a lot like this in my mind (though the writing shouldn't be nearly as neat):



What I’m curious about, is how the book is dangerous, exactly.  Because the story hasn’t given my conscious mind a clue yet about how it will be dangerous, which is perhaps why I’m hearing it call me more than other stories lately.

A friend at work recently gave me a PS2 for our kids (along with a bunch of games) and a desktop computer.  We hooked the PS2 up this past weekend and got it kind of working (the controllers seem to have a mind of their own).  We ordered some new games (Katamari Damacy, and a bunch of 80’s classics so that the kids can start with them and move into the better graphics of slightly more modern games) and a couple of new controllers.  We’ll dole out the games as they behave, and also will have a new method to try and mold proper behaviors.  I’ll probably hook the desktop up this weekend, and get it connected to the network.  We’ll use it for the kids to do schoolwork until we can’t use it anymore.

Also with the PS2 bundle was a bunch of “duplicate” games.  Not exact duplicates, but previous year editions of sports games such as Madden Football, etc.  We’ll try to sell the older versions, keep the newest one of each type, and use the money from that to buy new, different games.


That’s all I have for this entry, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quill Writing

Quill Writing