Monday, October 18, 2021

Disappointing weekend, but good stuff still happening


I was supposed to go SCUBA diving Saturday (for free even). I was eagerly looking forward to it, but alas, my innerds had other ideas. I had (so do actually) some kind of intestinal issue that resulted/results in lots of time sitting in the bathroom. I'm making it through it, but it really bums me out I couldn't do that.

I did, however, get to color my youngest's hair Sunday instead. They picked the color, but also said to leave the natural color natural (we'd bleached it at the beginning of summer and the roots grew out). They're rocking it. And I have some nice fatherly pride going on seeing how much they love it.  It looks better a day later after totally dying. 


Candice has also been gone for an extended period of time (more than a day) without me only twice since we got married 13 years ago. I suffered a ton of anxiety each time. She's gone for a whole week again now, and though we're basically permanently separated (but living in the same house), we'll see if any creeps up on me this time around. She's also having difficulties right now which always cause me anxiety, so the combo is probably going to be challenging.

I'm ready for it though! I've also been trying to fight my anxiety over her difficulties by coming up with possible solutions for her problems, which is helping a lot in that respect (again, address the root causes of my anxiety, don't just try to avoid the old coping mechanism).

Wish me luck.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about recent events. I hope things work out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Quill Writing

Quill Writing