Thursday, March 15, 2012

Conversation Pieces

So it has been a while since I posted here.  First off, with a total practice time of 1 hour 15 minutes over a two day period, Gabe learned to ride his bike.  He was doing so well that we talked Grandma into giving him his birthday present about two weeks early.  So he now has a 20" bike to replace his 14" or 16" bike which was WAY too small for him.  Yeah, he's only 6 (almost 7) years old, but he is over 4 1/2 feet tall and wears 4 1/2 size ADULT shoes.  Now, he's kinda having to learn all over again because the dynamics are a little different for him.  Most notably, the bike weighs WAY more, so he has to get more used to balancing it better when not actually riding it.  It also has two hand brakes instead of the one.  He sort of had a "handle" on the concept, but now that he's on a much heavier bike that's higher up, he can't really just stop it with his feet as easily.  So he's been practicing stopping and he's getting pretty good at it.

Donna is much better at riding her tricycle, but quickly loses interest and just wants todo whatever I'm doing when we're all out front.  She got a new princess bike helmet and MUST wear it at all ties when we'e ou front where bke riding could possibly occur.

Megi is getting much better at the assisted walking (using a couch, etc to help her walk), but still isn't nearly as mobile in an upright position as she in on all fours, but it won't be long.

Candice's torch finally came after a fiasco where they shipped the wrong one (and they didn't even have the decency to send us a better one in the mistake) and we had to send it back.  Good thing we didn't have any true time constraint on when we needed it.  We still have to get hoses, flash-back arrestors, gauges, and I have to figure out how to do the ventillation system so that the numbers work for both the garage and the planned shed workshop hat we will hopefully get built in a year or two.  Ideally, it'd be an overhead one, but the numbers can't really work for both as you need to take the size of the whole room intoconsideration when building that type.  An enclosure will be too claustrophobic and restrictive, so I'm toying around with some ideas, espcially since she showed me some pictures of some that others have.

The spacebar and the letters o and e don't work reliably on this keybord, so if any of those are missing, know that I have an excuse.  Any other errors in this post and I probably made the mistake.  Hopefully I caught and replaced all of both types of errors.

I got 5 out of the seven ugly bushes dug up over on the "garden" side of the house.  The other two have thousands of thorns on them and I think I'll leave them for now.  Maybe later if they don't bloom and look pretty this year.  Previously, the "garden" side was an ugly tiered bush and rock garden.  We plan to make it an actual edible-type garden this year and eventually have a flower garden and koi pond there.  Candice's work shed will probably reside on that side, too.  I also took down the rest of the fence that blew down in the high winds from the past few months.  All except the posts.  Those suckers are going to be tough.  There's no sign of cement holding them in, so either they're cenented deep, or just dug in really deep.  I guess I'll find out soon enough when I put my "muscles" to work getting them up in the next few weeks.

I also got the wagon wheels in, so the horse-drawn hearse building project is officially under way, but the next time the budgt allows for getting stuff for it is over a month away. 

I'm not sure what this weekend's project(s) will be, but I'm guessing that garage cleaning part II will be on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quill Writing

Quill Writing