Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Inches to Spare

Since Sunday, I've been sick with a terrible cough and fever.  If I moved at all or allowed cold to touch my chest, it would start another batch of horrible, violent coughs.  I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said it wasn't pneumonia, and probably wasn't the flu or bronchitis (though she swore it was the flu until the flu test came back negative).  It's probably just a virus.  The cough has given me a tremendous chest pain, and I think strained a muscle in my back.  Anyway, I've been fever free for 24+ hours now, so I'll be going back to work tomorrow.

Phases one and two of operation clean the garage are complete.

Phase one also happened to be phase one of get Candice's art studio moved.  She's now set up with a make-shift workshop in the basement, so she doesn't have to contend with extreme temperature changes.  Phase two of the art studio will be to ventilate it better, but for now, it works, and I think she's really happy about it.  Phase three involves adding electrical circuits to the basement, that will wait until my dad comes out or I save enough to have an electrician come out and do it.  I don't feel comfortable enough messing with the circuit box.  Phase four of course, is to put up walls, etc., but that comes much further down the road after we start finishing the basement.

Phase two was move the radial arm saw and other big items around so I can park my car inside again.  Granted, due to the ginormous '53 Mercury being parked in what was previously my spot, I now have to park in the workshop area, which means moving my car out to do anything and to move the recycling in and out of the garage, but I can now do that, so NO MORE FREEZING WHILE GETTING SNOW AND ICE OFF MY WINDSHIELDS WITH A SCRAPER AT HOME!

I also had mere inches to spare with the new arrangement of stuff, but that will become easier with time as I find better places to put things, etc.

 

Anyway, that's all for this entry.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quill Writing

Quill Writing