Monday, September 27, 2021

Has Being Sober Helped My Writing?




So has it? Well, it couldn't have made it worse. Though at the same time, I haven't actually written anything either. What I can say is that not one of my stories that have been any good were written while under the influence of alcohol. So it seems that in order to write again, I probably shouldn't be drunk when I'm trying.

But there at the end of my drunken life a month ago, I was also experiencing something that had never happened to me before. I wasn't even having ideas for stories. Nothing. Nada. Blank.

I had a few fleeting ideas today, but they were not accompanied by the stories' words. And as is custom with fleeting ideas, they vanish quickly if not written down, which I of course, did not do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quill Writing

Quill Writing