Thursday, September 30, 2021

The week in review at the end of September

This week has been good, though Tuesday was a challenging day. I spent it being introspective and realized that the fears I was hiding from with the use of alcohol are still there. Except now they are no longer something that might happen, but rather something that is going to happen. I'm not sure if having the uncertainty removed made it so the desire to hide from the fear that it could happen caused me to not even think about drinking, or if being introspective on my root causes and being in control caused it. Either way, the urge to hide from my fears or the world in general never manifested that day despite all the triggers being present. So that's a great thing on my road to recovery. I can't let my guard down though, I might something else that I'm afraid of happening that I don't want to face the possibility of. Hopefully with this insight, I'll be equipped to know better than to try to hide from the fear.  

1 comment:

  1. It takes effort and courage to even a single step. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Quill Writing

Quill Writing